Advanced Concepts considers it an honor to be a household name in the Longmont area. When you hire our fully insured, licensed, and bonded company, you will be completely satisfied. Because our loyal customers deserve nothing less, our staff only includes the most trustworthy, experienced, and reliable individuals. We enthusiastically guarantee all of our work and are always ready for the challenge of achieving seemingly unachievable goals. Contact us to set up an in-depth consultation, during which we will go through your goals and explain exactly what our team of pros can do to fulfill all your needs!
Paint contains four main ingredients:
Additives are often underestimated because while they’re best known for their role as a filler, they also absorb UV light to prevent fading, improve paint performance, contain anti-fungicidals that alter the properties of the formula itself, and beyond.
Binders or Resins act as a glue that holds pigments together, and they are also useful during the application process since they help paint adhere to surfaces. Common binders are linseed oil, soybean oil, and epoxy, alkyd, or acrylic polymers (three resin varieties).
Solvents are useful tools for a painter because they allow them to control the flow and consistency of the formula. For oil-based paint, mineral spirits or alcohol are typically used solvents, whereas water is utilized for water-based coatings.
Pigments are the components responsible for giving paint its unique color. Iron oxide, zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide are examples of the insoluble, finely crushed compounds or minerals used in pigments.
…reduces total painting costs because less product is required, particularly when room colors are changed.
…porous surfaces, such as drywall and brick, forms a seal that prevents excess paint from absorbing.
…raw wood seals tannins into the surface, which is important for preventing yellowing.
…smooth, slick surfaces provides the paint something to grab onto, boosting product adhesion.
…trim, doors, and other oil-based paint-coated surfaces allows the home painter to put water-based paint on top.
…increases the durability and longevity of the paint finish.
Water-Based Latex Paint is the most popular paint formulation. It is available in a variety of sheens, is suitable for both outdoor and interior projects, is simple to clean, and is environmentally friendly. Many individuals choose water-based paint because of its ability to retain color over time.
Oil-Based Paint, also known as alkyd paint, boasts long-lasting durability and cost-effectiveness. This type of paint may be more difficult to apply for non-professionals, but it is ideal for moldings and trims.
Semi-Gloss Paint is celebrated for its moisture resistance, ease of cleaning, and striking reflectivity. It is an excellent choice for applications like trim, doors, woodwork, and similar surfaces, and it is well-suited for use in humid environments, like laundry rooms and bathrooms.
Flat & Matte Paint is frequently chosen to mask imperfections in areas with low foot traffic, such as offices or formal dining rooms, because its flaw-hiding formula is easy to touch up, light-absorbing, and offers a velvety smooth finish.
Satin Paint is remarkably resilient in high-traffic areas like kitchens and bathrooms, thanks to its velvety finish. It offers durability and effortless cleaning. However, because its sheen can accentuate imperfections, your painter in Longmont will likely advise against using it on walls with flaws.
Eggshell Paint is long-lasting, practical, semi-washable, stain-resistant, and its effectiveness in concealing imperfections in low to medium-traffic spaces, like living rooms, hallways, and entryways.
High-Gloss Paint is the most stain-resistant, long-lasting, cleanable, and moisture-resistant sheen available. Because the shiny finish hardens and seals surfaces, our painting company finds it ideal for doors, cabinetry, and other high-touch areas.
- Color Selection – Choosing the perfect color for each space is undoubtedly the most enjoyable part of any painting project! When you’re designing a unique color palette for your home, think about your own personal style, the lighting in the rooms, your tone preference (cool or warm), and the ambiance you want to create throughout your home.
- Protect the Area – Your painting contractors take the duty of covering and preserving your valuables, furniture, and floors very seriously before we begin any painting project.
- Prepare Surfaces – Achieving a polished, professional finish necessitates meticulous attention to detail before the painting ever begins. We will fill any holes and imperfections, sand wood surfaces as required, apply caulk and/or primer as needed, eliminate stains and dust, and strip away old paint.
- Apply Paint – This phase gives our seasoned painting service the opportunity to use our expertise and experience to the fullest! Every one of our Longmont painters places a high priority on meticulous attention to detail and employs expert techniques to achieve a flawless, professional outcome.
- Clean Up – When you hire an expert painting contractor, you enjoy a number of advantages – and their impressive attention to detail applies to cleanup as well. Your interior painter will make sure there’s no evidence of our work – aside from your beautiful walls, of course! – so you can start enjoying the new look right away.
- Walk-Through Inspection – At our Longmont painting company, we don’t consider our work done until we see a smile on your face. We’ll accompany you on a thorough walk-through of your residence or business, scrutinizing every minute detail to ensure that our painters in Longmont have not just met, but surpassed your expectations.