Advanced Concepts is proud to be a well-established fixture in the Aurora community. Our locally operated and locally owned company is fully insured, bonded, and licensed, so you can trust that you’ll be in good hands when you work with us. We only hire the most qualified, honest, and dependable people because we feel each customer deserves nothing less. We take delight in every project we’ve completed over the years and embrace any opportunity to exceed our customers’ loftiest goals. We will be happy to discuss your needs in detail and tell you exactly what our experienced team can accomplish for you!
Flat and Matte Paint is a light-absorbing, velvety-finish, easy-to-touch-up, flaw-concealing formula that’s typically used to mask defects or refresh low-traffic areas like formal dining rooms or offices.
Semi-Gloss Paint is moisture-resistant, easy to clean, and beautifully reflective. It is a great option for trim, doors, woodwork, and the like, and it is also well-suited for humid spaces, such as laundry rooms and bathrooms.
Satin Paint, with its velvety texture, is unrivaled in its ability to withstand the daily demands of spaces like bathrooms or kitchens. It is long-lasting and simple to clean. Because the higher level of shine might attract attention to imperfections, your painter in Aurora will advise against using it on any wall that has flaws.
Eggshell Paint is recognized for its semi-washable nature, stain resistance, durability, versatility, and its effectiveness in concealing imperfections in low to medium-traffic spaces, like living rooms, hallways, and entryways.
High-Gloss Paint is the ultimate option for moisture resistance, stain resistance, ease of cleaning, and long-lasting durability. Its high-sheen finish not only enhances aesthetics, but also seals and strengthens surfaces, so our painting company’s recommendation is to apply it to high-touch areas like cabinetry and doors.
…doors, trim, and other surfaces formerly coated with oil-based paint enables a house painter to use water-based paint on the surface.
…porous surfaces, like drywall and brick, forms a seal that works to prevent excess amounts of paint from absorbing.
…smooth, slick surfaces gives the paint something to grip to, improving adhesion of the product.
…makes the paint job more durable and long-lasting.
…reduces the total painting cost because less product is needed – especially when changing room colors.
…raw wood allows tannins to be sealed into the surface, which plays a key role in preventing yellowing.
Paint contains four main ingredients:
Additives are often underestimated because while they are commonly associated with their role as a filler, they also serve to absorb UV light, prevent fading, improve paint performance, incorporate anti-fungicidal agents that can alter the formula’s properties, and more.
Pigments are the ingredient that gives paint a very specific hue. They are made of finely powdered, insoluble minerals or compounds like titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, or iron oxide.
Solvents are a great way for a painter to control the consistency and flow of the medium. Water (for water-based formulas), alcohol, or mineral spirits (for oil-based formulas) are common solvents.
Binders or Resin hold pigments together like glue, and they also help paint adhere to surfaces upon application. The most common binders include alkyd, acrylic, or epoxy polymers (three resin types), as well as soybean oil or linseed oil.
Water-Based Latex Paint is the top formula on the market. It is available in a variety of sheens, is suitable for both outdoor and interior projects, is simple to clean, and is environmentally friendly. Water-based paint is also celebrated for its ability to maintain color over time.
Oil-Based Paint, frequently referred to as alkyd paint, is inexpensive, long-lasting, and durable. While these paints may present more of a challenge for non-professionals during application, they are an excellent option for trims and moldings.
- Color Selection – Most people would say that step one of every painting project is the best part of all – selecting the colors you want to use in each space! As you craft a distinctive color palette for your home, take into account your personal style, the room’s lighting, your tonal preference (whether cool or warm), and the ambiance you hope to establish throughout your home.
- Protect the Area – Your painting contractors approach the responsibility of covering and preserving your valuable possessions, furniture, and flooring with utmost seriousness before we initiate any painting project.
- Prepare Surfaces – Prior to beginning the painting process, we pay close attention to detail to guarantee a flawless, professional finish. We’ll fill any holes or imperfections, sand any wood surfaces that require it, remove old paint, clean dust and stains, and prime and/or caulk as needed.
- Apply Paint – This is where our seasoned painting service puts our talent and experience to work! Each of our Aurora painters pays close attention to every detail and uses expert techniques to produce a professional, flawless finish.
- Clean Up – One of many benefits of hiring an expert painting contractor is their meticulous attention to detail, which extends to the cleanup process. Your interior painter will make sure there’s no evidence of our work – aside from your beautiful walls, of course! – so you can start enjoying the new look right away.
- Walk-Through Inspection – Our Aurora painting company doesn’t consider our job complete until you have a smile on your face. We will conduct a comprehensive walk-through of your home or commercial property, carefully examining every minute detail to ensure that our painters in Aurora have not only met, but exceeded your every expectation.